Contest – 2020-Flash-04 – Home
Over 120 Story Submissions
35 Stories selected for the Shortlist and Amazon Kindle book
Our Voice Team had a hard time choosing just three winners! Here are some of the criteria we used to choose the best of the best:
- Enticing opening
- Vivid descriptions
- Use of literary devices
- Level of vocabulary
- Stylistic consistency
- Inferred background
- Unique approach to “home”
- Memorable ending
- Poetic language
- Telling old truths in new ways
- Stories that leave us wanting more
Congratulations to the writers whose stories made the shortlist!
- If two stories were equally good, the one with an image was selected.
- All selected stories were formatted and edited for publishing in our Amazon Kindle book.
- Voice.club Staff will select the Grand Winner from the shortlist.
- Public voting will select 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners.
- Check your My Account page to watch your likes and credits accumulate!
- There’s a like button at the bottom of each story. Each “like” = 1 vote.
- Each selected story has its own link to share on social media.
- Encourage your friends, family, and fans, to vote for your story.
(All Prizes and Rewards are only paid out via Amazon Gift Cards)
Voting Countdown – Each “Like” counts as one vote
- Grand Prize (Staff Pick) – $50 Amazon Gift Card
- First prize (Public Voting) – $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Free Google SignIn, and Free Contest Entry
2020-Flash-04 – “Home”
Most of us have been spending all of our time at home during this global pandemic lockdown, so this is a subject many of us know all too well! Now’s your chance to write about a topic as old as mankind, yet newly experienced during these challenging times.
For our current “Flash Fiction” contest, we invite you to write a story that features home. Is home a place of refuge? A memory? Something longed for? How do your characters think of home and what stories do they tell?
Double-check your story against the rules below, and make all corrections BEFORE you send! Multiple entries of the same story will be disqualified.
Ensure your entry follows these rules:
- Correct length (350 words or less)
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Family-friendly content