Share your Voice through Piano
Voice.club has partnered with a team of highly trained and experienced life-long musicians and teachers to build an exciting new online piano web app! Together, we are building an innovative new voice-guided learning platform. Our online piano club is geared toward ages 13 and older, pre-college, adults, and life-long learners. Our online supportive community can inspire students to find their unique voice on piano
What is Yamazaki Piano Club?
Yamazaki Piano Club is an exciting place where piano teachers and students can share and learn as they create a vibrant musical community! We value a relaxed, enjoyable environment, while still celebrating high-level achievement. We offer teachers more venues for their students to be heard and appreciated, and opportunities to hone their teaching skills. We offer ongoing contests and feedback to students of all ages and all levels of musicianship. We offer parents a Family-Friendly site of exceptional quality, a safe place for their children to grow.
Subscribers enjoy many great features:
- Help your students learn the art of online presentation
- Provide a platform for your students to perform for each other, for grandparents, schoolmates and friends
- Support and encouragement from an international musical community
- Library of vetted piano scores with music era, level, and composer information
- Articles on teaching, theory, listening, performing and other helpful topics
- Frequent workshops for enrichment and inspiration
- Featured curated video performances
- Frequent low-stress, enjoyable performance contests
- Feedback from friends, family and experienced teachers
- Access to a wealth of repertoire pieces, vetted and graded
- Supportive international musical community
- Chance to develop a high-quality digital voice on the Internet
- Learning presentation skills beyond just performance
- Develop a deep artistry
- Meeting other students and colleagues
- Tools to support and encourage efficient practice
- Family-friendly environment
- Ability to comment on your child’s performance
- Open environment for grandparents, friends, and fans to give input
- Listening opportunities for the entire family
- Encourages your child to develop social skills in a positive, nurturing community
- Helps your child develop a high-level digital voice for today’s online world
- Helps your child develop writing and presentation skills
- Provides a more healthy, scholarly alternative to current controversial social platforms
Piano Expression Contests
Presentations by students of all ages and levels
Each presentation includes a performance video, a picture and an essay to engage the audience
Hosted by Yamazaki Piano Club
Our club welcomes teachers and students!
We are pleased to introduce pianist and educator Dr. Akiko Yamazaki and composer and educator Julie Harris. These two long-time colleagues have assembled a stellar team of musicians and computer software gurus to bring our exciting online piano club to life!
Acclaimed pianist and educator Akiko Yamazaki has performed extensively as soloist and chamber musician in venues including Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall. She has appeared as soloist with the Raleigh Symphony Orchestra and the University Symphony Orchestra at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Akiko has appeared as a guest artist at universities including Utah State University, and University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. An avid chamber musician, she has collaborated with the members of the North Carolina Symphony and the faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
As a pedagogue, she is active as a presenter, adjudicator, and master class clinician. Her students have won prizes at local, regional and national competitions. She has been on the faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill International Chamber Music Workshop, and UNCG Summer Music Camp.
Akiko holds a Doctor of Musical Arts degree (DMA) from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She studied under the tutelage of John Salmon for piano, and Andrew Willis for harpsichord and fortepiano. She holds a Master of Music degree (MM) in piano performance and pedagogy from Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Music degree (BM) with highest distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her primary teachers include James Giles and Mayron Tsong.
Barber Excursions Op. 20 No. 1 & 2:
Henry Cowell--Snows of Fuji-Yama
Julie Harris is excited to collaborate with Dr. Yamazaki in this exciting piano club! Julie has taught theory, composition, ear-training, analysis, informed listening and piano performance for many decades. She brings a wealth of experience and articles that will inspire and excite you, related to all aspects of musicianship. Her goal is to make educated musical discoveries a vital part of life. Whether you are a teacher, a performer, a composer, or an eager audience member who wants to learn more, you’ve come to the right place!
“A thousand suns, all rising”. My new just-turned-five year old student spoke these words in…
Our club welcomes teachers and students!
What is the Voice Club?
The Voice Club is a platform for self expression which was founded in the Spring of 2020. Our first group of creators were fiction writers, and our writing contests have become famous throughout the internet.
Now we are expanding into other areas of self expression, and launching a focused interest group for piano expression. Yamazaki Piano is a “SubClub” of our main club, where students can express their voice through piano.